ISOS Global Travel Assistance | Study Abroad | Yale University
Study Abroad Summer Session MyCIPE

ISOS Global Travel Assistance

You are here

International SOS: Yale's Travel Assistance Provider

As a Yale College student, you are automatically covered by International SOS (ISOS) for global travel assistance services when you are more than 100 miles from your permanent residence.

ISOS provides 24/7/365 service, including: 
  • medical and dental referrals 
  • mental health support
  • coordination of payment for out-of-country medical bills (for coverage up to $250,000)*
  • access to real-time security and safety information
  • facilitation of emergency evacuations if deemed necessary
  • translation services
  • assistance with replacement of lost travel documents

FAQ: Out-of-Country Medical Coverage*

When participating in an approved study abroad program more than 100 miles from your permanent residence, you have coverage for up to $250,000 in out-of-country medical expenses for treatment of illness or injury that occurs while participating in your program. For more information about medical coverage, visit our Physical and Mental Health resource page.

FAQ: Study in Home Country Outside the U.S.

Students who hold citizenship or have primary residence outside of the United States and will study abroad in their country of citizenship or primary residence may not have full access to ISOS medical and evacuation services. Other ISOS services remain available as needed, such as medical referrals, lost document assistance, and mental health services. Please contact if you have questions about eligibility for coverage while studying abroad in your country of citizenship or primary residence.

To Contact ISOS for Assistance:

  • By phone:
    • Call the in-country numbers listed on the ISOS card or call the dedicated Yale ISOS phone number 1-215-942-8478. You may ask the operator to reverse the charges.
    • Have the Yale member number ready when you call: 11B824535. This number can also be found on your ISOS card.
  • Via the ISOS Assistance App.

Point: Before you go:

  • Download, print, and carry your ISOS membership card. Be sure to keep it with you while you travel.
  • Visit ISOS - Yale Member Site
  • Save a picture of the ISOS card in your Google Drive or on the phone/device you will take abroad.
  • Download the ISOS Assistance App.
  • Tell your family about the ISOS service and send them the ISOS membership card so they have a copy.
  • Inform your onsite study abroad program staff that you are covered by this service.
  • Contact ISOS to discuss any health or security concerns related to your destination.