Study Abroad Transcripts | Study Abroad | Yale University
Career Strategy Fellowships Study Abroad Summer Session MyCIPE

Study Abroad Transcripts

You are here

TOC: Transcript Information by Program Type:

Yale Summer Session Programs Abroad

Yale College Students

Yale College students will earn Yale College credit for participating in a YSS Program Abroad. YSS will post the appropriate course(s), credit(s), and grade(s) to your Yale transcript. Your grade(s) will be included in the calculation of your eligibility for General Honors and Distinction in the Major.

Grades will be available online within one month of the end of each program on the Yale Student Information Systems (SIS). Grades will not be given over the telephone or by e-mail under any circumstances. Grade reports will not be issued to any student who is financially indebted to the University. Please visit for more information.

Visiting Students from Other Campuses

Yale University has a standard conversion of 1 course credit equaling 4 credit hours. Students who wish to transfer Yale Summer Session credit to other colleges and universities are advised to consult with the appropriate academic authorities at their home institutions in advance. For further information or questions regarding a specific credit hour conversion, contact the Office of the Registrar at (203) 432-2330 or

Grades will be available online within one month of the end of each program on the Yale Student Information Systems (SIS). Log into SIS to verify your summer grades are posted. Once you can view your grades in SIS, you can order an official transcript. If you don't see your grades in SIS, don't order a transcript just yet. Official transcripts are issued by the Yale University Registrar’s Office. Visit for complete instructions and fees for ordering transcripts. Grades will not be given over the telephone or by e-mail under any circumstances. No transcripts will be issued to students who are financially indebted to the University.

Link: Request a Transcript 

Year or Term Abroad & Non-Yale Summer Abroad Programs

By the time your program has ended, you should have already requested a transcript. If you have not done so already, please request that your program send an official transcript to Yale Study Abroad. Electronic or hardcopy transcripts will be accepted.

  • Official electronic transcripts should be sent to the following email address:

  • Official hardcopy transcripts should be sent to the following physical address:

Kelly McLaughlin, Director
Study Abroad, Center for International & Professional Experience
Yale University
55 Whitney Ave, 3rd Floor
New Haven, CT 06510

Note: We cannot accept transcripts delivered by students.

Once your study abroad program transcript has been received, Yale Study Abroad will process your transcript and upload an unofficial copy to your MyCIPE account. The Registrar's Office will complete the final posting of your courses and transfer credits. As a reminder, your study abroad grades will not appear on your Yale transcript. 

Note: If you did not apply to Yale by the appropriate deadline, you cannot petition to earn credit for study abroad retroactively. 

Likewise, once transfer credit for study abroad has been added to the Yale College transcript, it cannot be removed.

A note on receiving credit for Non-Yale Summer Abroad

Summer study abroad program transcripts must be received by Yale Study Abroad no later than November 1 of the same year of study abroad participation (e.g., November 1, 2020, if you studied abroad during summer 2020). 

Question: Need a refresher on the credit you will receive from studying abroad?