Career Strategy Fellowships Study Abroad Summer Session MyCIPE

Yale Summer Session Programs Abroad

You are here

Yale students posing outside building in Auvillar, France

Credit Information

Learn more about earning Yale credit on a Yale Summer Session (YSS) Program Abroad by clicking on your student status below: 

Yale College Students
Yale Graduate Students
Students from Other Campuses

Yale College Students

Graduation Credit

You will receive Yale College credit for participating in faculty-led programs abroad. Upon completion of the program, your course(s) titles and grades will be entered automatically to your Yale transcript. Courses may not be recorded without the grade. Grades earned in Yale Summer Session Programs Abroad will be factored into your Yale cumulative GPA and also will be included in the calculations of your eligibility for General Honors.

Major and Distributional Credit

Yale Summer Session Programs Abroad may be used to fulfill your major and distributional requirements. You should consult the relevant department for more information. Yale Summer Session language programs may be used to fulfill the language requirement. The language level for each program is indicated on the course descriptions as L1-L2, L3-L4, or L5. You are required to take both courses as part of the program. Students with advanced placement should consult with the study abroad office to determine eligibility. 

Academic Accommodations

Students who will need disability related accommodations while studying abroad are encouraged to speak with a study abroad adviser and to contact Yale’s Resource Office on Disabilities (ROD). If you haven’t already, you will need to register with the Yale’s ROD. We will work with you to discuss reasonable accommodations abroad and assist you with the planning and pre-departure process.

Yale Graduate Students

Yale Summer Session does not grant graduate credit. Yale graduate students wishing to apply for graduate credit must make arrangements in writing, prior to the start of the course, with the instructor, the Dean of Yale Summer Session, and the dean of the student's graduate or professional school. Non-Yale graduate students wishing to be granted graduate credit must make arrangements with their home institution. Yale Summer Session does not certify any of its courses for graduate credit, nor can individual instructor do so.  If you will need academic accommodations during the program abroad, please contact our office.

Students from Other Campuses

Students who wish to transfer Yale Summer Session credit to other colleges and universities are advised to consult with the appropriate academic authorities at their home institutions in advance. One Yale College course credit is the equivalent of four semester hours.  If you will need academic accommodations during the program abroad, please contact our office.

Official transcripts may be ordered at the Office of the Registrar, Yale University, P.O. Box 208321, New Haven, CT 06520-8321. A transcript order must include the Yale Student ID Number and signature of the student or former student requesting the transcript. The charge for each transcript is $7. For more information see the Office of the Registrar's website. Transcripts will not be issued to any student who is financially indebted to the University.

Review detailed application information and deadlines for Yale Summer Session Programs Abroad.